Anyone who at least once experienced the move will agree that the best option is when there is time and the opportunity to transport everything necessary in stages, and only then to move the whole family. But in reality, this is practically impracticable. Moving is more like a natural disaster, and moving with a child is a double disaster. It can only be compared with the flood, fire and earthquake at the same time. How to carry out the move with the child with the least losses and shocks, we will tell in this article.
Life in suitcases
If you do not want to accidentally find someone's shoes in the washing machine or find your child in the most fascinating way - drawing flour on the floor, while you are concentrated packing bags, be sure to write a detailed plan for moving and fees.
Of course, moving is always stress. But do not forget that one of the fundamental ways to combat stress is to control the situation (namely, planning). If it works out, involve specialists moving the transportation of things (there are now such companies): this will save a lot of effort and nerves (not for free, of course). But even if there is no such possibility, it is quite possible to survive the move without significant material losses.
- First of all, stock up on the necessary packaging materials: cardboard boxes (the knots have a bad property to untie, and the packages - to break, at the most inopportune moment), a sticky tape to seal the luggage, a marker (to sign the boxes).
- All the boxes numbered - so it will be easier to count luggage, see if everything is in place, and immediately deliver things to the destination (in the kitchen, bathroom, children's room, etc.).
- You can collect things by rooms, you can thematically (outer clothing, books, dishes, etc.). In a word, do as you like, but always write down the sequence.
- Children's room is better to be collected in the last place (and disassemble - on the contrary). It is better that until the last moment the baby's corner remained in its usual form. This is very important for the baby to feel comfortable. By the way, it's better to collect toys without a child (for example, when he sleeps).
- Before moving, start packing your things - with the whole family! The child is also an "owner" - he can easily add up his toys. And yet: no matter how little you put down your things, try to refrain from commenting.
- In joint gatherings there are additional advantages for parents: busy children do not get underfoot and do not interfere (if they are given complete freedom). Even a two-year-old kid can be attracted to a package of things: offer him, for example, a small box in which he will fold things that come his way (do not forget to mark this valuable cargo with a special label: "Packer-Senya").
Important little things
If you have to move with a baby, then the real wand can be a wall sticker with pockets of different sizes, which contain many useful trifles (pacifiers, diapers, toys, clothes, etc.). And it is convenient (everything is always at hand), and collect quickly: at the last moment it can simply be removed from the wall, roll up, and in the new place to get first. The smaller the age of the child, the easier it is to organize a move: a two-month-old crumb does not fit anywhere, but a one-year-old baby has to search for distractions. You can offer him selflessly knocking a spoon on a saucepan or tearing old magazines into small pieces.
If you can not or do not want to attract a child to general fees, borrow it with something interesting. It's unlikely that children will want to watch cartoons all day long or play the usual toys. You can invite them to play with water (you still have to clean it up) - no kid will refuse such a wonderful lesson. Throwing all things out of the closet is also very interesting. In general, give vent to fantasy.
Immediately at the time of loading things and furniture, you need to "evacuate" the child to a safe place (send for a walk with a nanny or grandmother, in the extreme case, leave for a time with relatives or neighbors). And to bring a new apartment when everything has already been unloaded and placed in places. When moving with a baby, do not forget to collect an "emergency" handbag: let it have everything that can be urgently needed (children's medicines, toiletries, wet napkins, change clothes, a pair of clean towels, mineral water, a small snack etc.) .
We are not afraid of moving!
Psychologists believe that the younger the child, the easier it is for him to move his place of residence. Indeed, the five-year Theme is very optimistic, three-year-old Senya in general can be taken anywhere, even to the end of the world - he agrees, if only my mother and father were close. But nine-year-old Andrew ... simply arranged a riot.
"I will not go anywhere, I'll stay here!" - He is frustrated, he scarcely heard about the possibility of moving (coming in the next few months, not today!). "How do you not understand?" I have friends here, a school ... A booth in which they sell Scooby Doo. Misha and I wanted to build a tree house in the summer! And you, you ... "
But, it turns out, you can find weighty arguments all the same, "Well, what if I have my own room! .. You said" YOURSELF "Without Theme ?! Okay, I agree ... "
Specialists identify a number of factors that can affect the success of the move for the child.
- Temperament of the child. Easier cope with the adaptation in a new place small sanguine (choleric and phlegmatic people will get used to the changes more difficult, and the hardest to survive is the relocation of melancholy).
- Number of children in the family. If there are several of them, it will be more fun - together with the brother (sister) it is much easier to adapt to the new conditions: the child does not feel alone in unfamiliar surroundings, he always has someone to talk to and play with.
- Behavior of loved ones. Also an important component of success. Perceive the move not as a horror or extra trouble, but on the contrary, positive. With a depressed, anxious state of adults ("I'm afraid it's hard for us to get used to it, maybe it's not worth trying?"), The child becomes hypochondriac, insecure, "reads" the mood of loved ones. Therefore, more positive! (The correct "settings": "You will succeed!", "You will surely find new friends quickly.")
- Awareness of a new place. Try to learn and tell the child as much as possible about the area where you will live. You can go there for an excursion, take a walk in the new yard, get acquainted with the guys. And you can also look into the new school (kindergarten). Later the child will feel calmer and more confident in a practically familiar place.
- The right to choose. Let your son or daughter choose a room for yourself, think over what and where to put, how to arrange furniture, etc.
When a child has his own territory, a personal space, arranged exactly according to his ideas, he feels more psychologically comfortable. Do not criticize children's ideas - it is better to try to come to a compromise peacefully: for example, parents select the color of wallpaper, and the baby is allowed to put a tent that will be his "house" for him.
Favorite toys - dolls and little animals
"The four-year-old daughter was very worried on the eve of the upcoming move," the friend tells. It turns out that she decided that we will leave all the old things in the old apartment. For me, the transportation of things was such an ordinary and self-evident event that I did not find it necessary to explain something to the baby. And it would have been worth it ... After my assurances that we will take everything with us, Tanyusha calmed down. "
Cope with childlike conservatism sometimes happens oh how difficult! .. A familiar place, familiar things, well-established rituals (stowing, feeding, playing, walking) - all this is vital for the child to be calm and develop harmoniously. It is not surprising that moving as an event chaotic brings confusion to the child's perception of the world. Another arrangement of rooms, other walls, new decor, new friends ... And toys? Suddenly they are lost during the move? It's no secret that parents are happy to "get off the hook" get rid of old trash (including - broken toys). But in fact most often they, these bears without eyes and with the wiped up plush sides, are for the child the most native and close (irrespective of age). Old, familiar things are good because the kid knows perfectly well what to expect from them, and trusts them. Therefore, a crumb can be very upset when he finds, for example, a new one - someone else's - instead of his usual crib. Even if she is a hundred times more beautiful, but after all her bed was valuable to others - reliability, safety. And if you can lose such an important thing in an instant, then where is the guarantee that the whole world will not tomorrow be different? And what if your mother disappears?
What to do? Just talk to your child about everything. Do not hide your feelings, admit to the baby: "I am also sad to leave, we lived here quite well. But I think in the new house we will be even better. " Tell the crumb about what exactly should happen, and not when (especially for babies who are not oriented in time, because they live in the present moment). It is enough to explain the changes noticed by the child with the help of simple and encouraging words: "Yes, soon we will live in another apartment. But Dad and Mom always, as before, will be with you. "
More attention and understanding
During this period, the child requires attention and time, no less, and even more than all household chores, taken together. Often the child suffers not so much from moving as such, but because of a lack of contact with loved ones, and therefore can draw such conclusions as "Mom does not love me anymore, she has more important occupations."
Ask the child to appoint a day when he is visiting, in the yard (this can be done after moving the next day) or home (in this case you have to wait until at least a part of the boxes are dismantled), friends who live in your "old "Home, classmates or classmates. Before moving it is important to say goodbye to all the old acquaintances: a nurse from the kindergarten, the first teacher, friends and neighbors. Do not cry - it's not parting forever (especially if you're just moving to a neighboring district, across the road). And even if far away - no one has abolished mail yet! Just leave all your new address, and then write letters.
It is important to bring to the child the idea that change is great! It means, ahead - a lot of new impressions, discoveries, meetings ... And from the old house there will be a lot of memories ... As a rule, children have a phenomenal ability to quickly adapt to new conditions. They are much faster than adults can find new interesting activities, to make new acquaintances. And even find additional advantages in the very fact of the move, such as Theme, thus showing its "superiority" over the younger brother: "You do not remember how we moved here, because you were not then! And you have never seen an old apartment. You're still t-ah-ah-koi little! .. "