Art is a creative process for creating artistic images that reflect the real world in all its diversity. It is divided into separate types in accordance with the specifics of the material embodiment. Different types of art perform, in fact, one noble task - to serve society.
Contemporary art literature offers a specific classification system for creative activities. The most common scheme is the conditional division of art into three groups.
The first group combines spatial forms of art that are perceived visually:
- Arts and crafts.
- Art photography.
The second group includes temporary arts with a certain dynamics or stretched over time:
Since temporary forms of art may, under certain conditions, be transferred to another category, this must be taken into account. In some cases, literature is synthesized with music (libretto).
The third group includes space-time art forms, which are perceived both visually and by ear:
- Choreography, ballet, musicals.
- Theatrical art.
- Literary works.
- Circus genres.
Why do we need certain types of art
The existence of different types of art is explained by the fact that it is impossible to reproduce a comprehensive artistic picture in any particular way. After all, something must be left behind the scenes. The whole picture can be reflected only with the involvement of all artistic means of culture as a whole.
One of the most popular creative processes is arts and crafts.
The artistic value of products made from scrap materials is high if the crafts are made by genuine masters of their craft.
Decorative and applied art is the creation of artistic household items, folklore exclusives from natural materials. The use of wood, clay, stone and bone is accepted. In the manufacture of decorative products used a variety of techniques for processing material.
The process of creating arts and crafts products is focused on the ethnic characteristics of a country or region. In the arts and crafts, as a rule, folk crafts, representing local customs and traditions, dominate. In Russia, it is:
- Wood painting - Gorodetsky, Khokhloma, Fedoskino, Polkhov-Maydanskaya.
- Wooden carving - Abramtsevo-Kudrinskaya, Bogorodskaya.
- Miniature painting - Palekh, Kholuy, Msterskaya.
- Russian folk ceramics - Gzhel, Skopinskaya, Kargopol and Dymkovo toys.
- Lace weaving - Vologda, Michael.
- Painting on fabric - Pavlovo Posad shawls, capes, shawls.
- Artistic products made of metal - Velikoyustyuzhskoe scarlet silver, Zhostovo painting, Rostov enamel.
- Embroidery - Vladimir gold seamstress.
- White-bone carving - Hotkovskaya, Kholmogory, Tobolsk.
Sculpture - visual, spatial art, reflecting the world in artistic plastic images. The materials used in the creation of sculptures are marble, bronze, stone, wood. Recently used and others, such as concrete, steel. As well as plasticized materials. Particularly large sculptures are reinforced with metal rods, in order to avoid breaking off.
The sculpture can be of two types: volumetric 3D and relief.
Three-dimensional repeats all specified parameters and can be performed at any scale. Relief sculptures are divided into three types:
- high relief - high relief;
- bas-relief - medium or low relief;
- counter relief - mortise.
Each type of sculpture has its own classification. It can be monumental, easel or decorative. Monumental is installed on the streets and city squares. And also in places of historical importance. Monumental sculpture includes memorials and monuments. Easel sculptures are museum exhibits. As a rule, they are located indoors. Decorative sculptural images can stand in homes, garden plots, arbors.
The architecture appeared long before the birth of Christ and gradually began to acquire artistic features, while remaining a utilitarian structure. Architecture as an art form has spread from the beginning of the 13 century. It was then that the architects began to build grandiose Gothic buildings in Europe. Gothic and today is considered one of the most interesting styles of historical importance. Architecture as an art form occupies one of the leading places in the list of the cultural heritage of the planet. However, its artistic value is undeniable.
Plastic spatial art forms
In the world of artistic disciplines there are areas that require classification. These include spatial forms of art with signs of plasticity. They are characterized by the possible movement or transformation in a certain space. A masterpiece of architecture is considered plastic if it can be refined, expanded, and also radically changed in terms of color gamut. All this concerns only modern achievements of architecture - historical architectural structures are inviolable. The possibility of artistic transformations of an already finished work of art classifies it as a plastic type. Similar criteria can be applied to other samples of a spatial nature.
Theory and practice
Вместе с тем признаки пластичности необязательно должны подтверждаться возможностью каких-то изменений. Например, искусство живописи вовсе не нуждается в корректировке, а тем более в трансформации. Созданные уже художественные полотна - это законченные произведения. Скульптура относится к пластическим видам искусства. Так как предположительно может быть изменена в лучшую сторону. Но этот признак носит чисто теоретический характер и используется в целях определения системы классификации видов искусства. К пластическим видам можно отнести любой жанр художественного пространственного творчества, кроме фотографии.
Spatio-temporal art forms are the most popular and popular in society. Consider them in more detail.
Literature is a type of art in which the main carrier of meaning, as well as a source of creative inspiration, is an artistic word. A writer who is sufficiently skilled in fiction, uses his gift to create textual works. Literature as an art form can be divided into two categories:
- historical prose.
- Lyrics - works of art, often in a poetic form, reflecting a variety of human experiences, including love.
- Drama is a literature describing events in a narrative, usually it is a whole story or individual events in the life of the characters.
- Tragedy is a work written in a dramatic genre, but with a deadly ending.
- The epos is a fictional narrative revealing major historical events, the presentation is possible both in verse and in prose.
- Novella is a genre of small narrative form.
- The novel is a major work, consisting of several parts, containing a description of the life of the main and secondary characters in a certain period.
- The story is a literary genre, less novel in terms of volume and number of characters.
- The story is a product of a small form with a description of events that occurred in a short period of time, more common and arbitrary in terms of composition as compared with the novel.
Choreography and ballet
Another creative lesson from the category "spatial art forms" is choreography. Consists of artistically meaningful poses and movements of the human body, organized in space and time. It is a centuries-old system. Dance must be combined with music. In this case, a musical and choreographic image is created.
At all times, the dance was associated with the life of a person, imitated certain events. And on the stage of his mission was to show the public ballet art. In addition, dances are part of various rites and rituals. This is especially common on the African continent and in Asian countries.
The types of art, examples of which are given in this article, are somehow connected with global Russian culture and are designed to bring it to the people.