How to find out the password from the computer and how to remove it? For the first time, password protection was introduced in Windows XP. Since then, the Microsoft developer has not changed this concept.
If we speak in plain language, then the password is the usual set of characters with which the computer identifies you as a user. No other combination will work except a previously entered one. Also it is access to the desktop and profile. When installing Windows or after it, each user creates a password for himself, naturally, if he has a password from the administrator’s account. Work with these "keys" in the company is carried out by a system administrator.
How to find out the password from the computer Windows 7, if it is forgotten by the user? The "secret word" is stored in the Windows registry, that is, in a special database. Every time, including your laptop or desktop computer, you enter your password, the system searches for the necessary combination in the required fields in the registry. In the case of a match, the system starts loading, and if the characters are entered incorrectly, you will have to repeat this action. If your computer is under administrator control, it can configure the user account to be blocked after a certain number of incorrect password attempts.
Now let's talk about what to do if we need a Windows XP password recovery:
- If you need to remove the password for a user with limited rights, you should first use the option called "Secure System Logon". To do this, you need "User Accounts". They can be accessed through the "Control Panel".
- Now you need to log in using the built-in administrator account, that is, you will have a login like “administrator” or the same word, but in Russian letters. If you know exactly what password is set for this account, enter it. As a rule, you do not need to enter a password, so leave the field blank and press "Enter".
- Suppose you are already logged in. How to find out the password from the computer now? Everything is very simple. Click the “Start” button and in the “Control Panel” double-click on “Accounts”.
- Among all the records that you see there, select the one whose password you want to change / delete. Select this entry, edit it and click "Finish".
To change the password for the administrator account, you need to take the disk that was used to install Windows 7, and boot from it.
- Choose "System Restore."
- After that, open the command line, which we will use. I repeat, this method is suitable for Windows 7.
- As you remember, the desired combination is stored in the registry. We will edit it with the regedit utility. To run it, enter the name in the command line and press Enter.
- Now we need to find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section. Open the menu "File", click "Load a bush." Go to the disk where the OS is installed. Then we go along this path: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ config \ SYSTEM. Call it a random name, for example, 111. After that go to subsection HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => 111 => Setup. On the right side there will be the CmdLine parameter, double-click to open it and change the value to cmd.exe. You will also find the SetupType parameter there. You must change its value from 0 to 2.
- Select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section with one click of the left mouse button and go to the “File”, but this time choose “Unload a hive”.
- Now the installation disk can be removed and rebooted.
After the usual boot of Windows 7, we see the opened command prompt window. Enter the following:
net user username new_password
Here, the username is the login, the password from which is lost, the new_password is the desired password from the account.
Done! Now you know how to find out the password from the computer.