The labor market is very dynamic and requires the same from potential employees. To succeed, you must meet the requirements of a rapidly changing situation. The most popular are mobile specialists of a wide profile. This opportunity gives an additional or a second education on the basis of higher education. To learn new is not too late, even if your diploma has lost its relevance - learn new and get supporting documents.
Postgraduate education is a necessity or a whim?
Continuing education, further training and retraining on the basis of higher education is often perceived as an optional item of a successful career. After all the university is already finished and knowledge is received. However, in practice it may turn out that the disciplines from the diploma are very far from reality, and the production went on for many years. In this case, an additional independent education on the basis of higher education is very beneficial.
In addition, a number of professions are legally identified, for which the following training is a necessity:
- all medical workers;
- pedagogical workers;
- drivers of large-sized and passenger transport;
- civil servants, etc.
For specialists in other areas, the need to obtain one more education on the basis of higher education is determined by the employer or changes in technology and methods of work.
Variants of postgraduate education
For those who wish to continue their studies there are all possibilities with a choice of options. Can choose:
- the second or even the third highest;
- courses on the basis of higher education;
- retraining another profession on the basis of an existing diploma;
- retraining on the basis of higher education or a secondary special diploma;
- getting an additional profession on the basis of higher or secondary special education, etc.
All these ways to get education on the basis of higher education have their advantages and disadvantages. Both employees and their superiors should carefully consider all available options and stay at the most acceptable.
Forms of postgraduate education
After determining the option of further training, you must choose its form. Among them are:
- training with a break from production is usually represented as a long retraining course based on higher education;
- on-the-job training, can be either mentoring or courses in the enterprise;
- long-term part-time education of a second or related profession;
- second and further higher education most often in absentia;
- correspondence course at the institute of advanced training;
- full-time participation in scientific conferences, professional seminars, symposia, etc.
The choice of the form of additional training depends on its duration, distance from the place of residence and the desire of the student himself.
Features of payment for retraining and retraining
One of the controversial points in continuing education after the university - who will pay for it? After all, these courses are often paid.
Allocate the following payment options:
- The employee completely pays for himself and independently organizes the learning process.
- The employer pays for training, advanced training or retraining of employees. In this case, he has the right to conclude an addition to the contract that obliges employees to work out a certain period, or, in case of dismissal, to compensate expenses.
- Additional education can be carried out at the expense of the state. For example, when sending an unemployed person to the relevant courses from the employment center. When sending for such studies, it is possible to receive both new and additional education.
With any form of payment, both cash and non-cash payment are possible.
Who needs retraining courses on the basis of higher education?
Many workers work in the same field of their careers, and grow beautifully in the profession without additional training. Most often this activity is not connected with complex mechanisms and technologies, neither with education, nor with medicine. And, on the contrary, there are a number of professions that presuppose constant training.
Any person, regardless of the category he refers to, can decide to change or expand the direction of activity. The reasons for this decision can be very different, from professional burnout to production need.
Retraining and retraining are most often interested in the following categories of citizens:
- Students completing training in their specialty and understanding that the chosen case is not at all inspiring, hopeless or just not interesting. In this case, you can immediately apply for a second higher education or go to retraining courses.
- Employees forced by different circumstances to combine related professions, for example, the retraining of teachers on the basis of higher education, significantly expands their professional potential, which is very promising for rural schools with a small class content.
- People who have moved to another locality, where the other profession is more in demand, or when a large enterprise is closed.
Benefits of secondary and secondary education
Any graduate wants to make a brilliant career. However, it is impossible without continuous training, obtaining new knowledge by profession, and learning related activities. A specialist with several applied or theoretical skills will be much more in demand in the labor market, and more appreciated by the employer.