To create a favorable microclimate in an aquarium, it is necessary that in it, besides fish, there be plants. One of the most common is a rodentard. It is found throughout the globe and is very unpretentious. This is a perennial plant that does not have roots, so it is very convenient to keep a hornfoot in an aquarium. It is held in the water with the unusual structure of the stems. A hornberry easily grows in any conditions and creates a microclimate favorable for most fish in an aquarium.
Features of this plant
1. It is so unpretentious that it grows in any water and can withstand temperature fluctuations from 12 to 30 degrees.
2. The peculiarity of this plant is that it is pollinated in water and therefore grows very quickly.
3. The hornflower in an aquarium is very useful. Where it grows, there is no garbage, few other algae, the water is always clean.
4. If you brought a rogolistnik, then care for him will be simple. It is only necessary sometimes to remove it and rinse it off. If some branch broke off, throw it back into the water, and it will grow as an independent plant.
5. This plant, due to the special surface of the stems, does not eat snails. therefore the aquarium where the rodentard grows will always be a beautiful body of water with thickets of fine leaves.
6. A hornberry in an aquarium purifies water and enriches it with oxygen.
Description of the plant
Rogov prefers ponds with stagnant water. He does not like strong currents and sunlight, so he grows best in depth. This plant has no roots. In order to keep itself near the bottom, it uses special stems - white, with very thin leaves. They penetrate the silt and keep the rodent leaf near the bottom.
Another feature of the plant is that it absorbs water and minerals throughout the surface of the stem. Its stem is stiff, thin and contains silica. Leaves are dense, needle, repeatedly dissected. They contain lime and break easily. The entire surface of the plant is covered with a special film that is impermeable to water and gases, and small hairs. The flowers of a robee are very small, collected in inflorescences. This plant is pollinated directly under water. His fruit is a nutlet with spike growths.
Types of horn leaf
This beautiful plant has about 30 varieties. But in aquariums, most often four types of it are used: dark green, light green, Cuban, and red-robe rodents. They differ not only color, but also features of the content. Some species are more thermophilic, others grow in winter. But any hornpole in an aquarium grows very quickly and cleans the water well. True, some of them are very fragile, so it is difficult to breed them.
Peculiarities of Cuban Hornpod
This is the most common type of aquarium plants. Cuban horn of leaves is very beautiful thanks to the reddish stalk and fluffy twigs. It grows throughout the year and does not die off in winter. The stalks of this species are not friable, therefore it is convenient to keep it in the aquarium. With good lighting and warm water, it quickly grows and can grow by a meter in length in a month, at the same time forming a bushy bush.
It propagates by cuttings and can grow both in the ground and floating in the water. A few stalk of a robe, dropped into the aquarium, can make the water crystal clear. It is very beautiful and unusual: a reddish stem shines through a bunch of dark green leaves. This plant will decorate your aquarium and create a favorable microclimate for fish.
Other species of horn leaf
1. In the aquariums, they also often grow dark green hornet. It got its name because of the sharp leaves, as if cast from dark glass. This species is also called underwater, because it likes to grow in the water column, and only in winter it sinks to the bottom and slows down its growth. Its stems are very fragile, but from a broken plant quickly grows a new plant.
2. A light green hornberry is also called semi-submerged, because it can grow both in the water column and recessed into the ground. Its leaves are light green in color, sometimes slightly reddish. This plant is very unpretentious and can live at any temperature and water hardness. It grows rapidly, reaching a meter in length. Often, because of this, the lower levels of the aquarium are shaded. Therefore it is recommended to shorten stems regularly.
3. The red-corded hornberry is the same unpretentious plant, but it is more difficult to keep it in an aquarium. Its dark red stem is very fragile and soft, breaks at any touch.
The benefits of this plant
1. While in the aquarium, the robee prevents excessive growth of algae. It purifies water, actively absorbing nutrients from it, thereby depriving other "fellows" of food.
2. The robeweed plant is a natural filter. Its thin fluffy twigs as a magnet attract all the garbage and waste products of fish.
3. The rapid growth of the plant contributes to the active enrichment of water with oxygen. It is very good for fish.
4. Thickets of plants serve as an excellent shelter for fry. In addition, fish like to spawn in them, since any caviar lingers well on the leaves.
5. Some fish feed on the leaves of the dab leaves and for a few days can do without other feed.
How to care for roach leaf
It is undesirable to embed the plant in the ground, especially pressing it with a stone. After a while, the tender stem will begin to rot in such conditions. If you want to root a rodent leaf, it’s best to do it with a sucker. Attach it to the bottom and with a soft wire gently wrap the stalk. It looks very nice rogolistnik, if it landed in groups along the back wall of the aquarium.
Caring for a robe is uncomplicated. It can withstand any temperature, water hardness and lighting. True, he does not like bright light, so place it away from the lamps. With high temperatures and good light, the robe grows quickly — up to 2-3 centimeters per day. In this case, he needs additional feeding, because the products of vital activity of fish will not be enough for him. It also needs to be shortened from time to time, so that the top of the plant does not reach the surface of the water by 4-5 centimeters.
What you need to do if you have got the aperium aquarium plant? Sometimes it needs to be pulled out and rinsed under running water in order to wash away the dirt. In addition, the robehead does not like drastic changes in conditions. With changes in temperature or light, he can get sick and lose leaves. In this case, you need to remove the net from the bottom of them all and remove the exposed areas of the stem.
Every beginner aquarist should know the benefits of a hornet in the aquarium. Photos of these plants will help you choose the right variety for you and correctly place it.