Broccoli - what is the health benefit?
Broccoli is a very useful vegetable. Thanks to a whole complex of useful substances, broccoli exerts a powerful positive effect on the whole organism. Its composition includes quite a lot of vitamins, as well as cabbage contains minerals, proteins, fats, carbohydrates. The abundance of chromium also has a beneficial effect on pancreatic work glands, regulates the level of sugar in the blood. When using inflorescences of cabbage, immunity is greatly increased. The cellulose included in the vegetable cleanses the intestines from toxins, slag. Blooms broccoli and and the skeletal system.
Broccoli cabbage contains mineral substances:
Broccoli contains vitamins: C, PP, K, E and U.
Despite the fact that broccoli is not orange in color, it contains beta-carotene as much as in carrots.
Benefits of broccoli for the body:
Broccoli is very good for use in the prevention of "female cancer", because it removes excess estrogen.
The antioxidants that are contained in this kind of cabbage release radicals and cholesterol in the blood decreases.
The broccoli contains a lot of calcium, so eating makes the bones stronger.
Also, the chromium contained in it supports the operation of the pancreas.
It also removes toxins and toxins from the intestine.
Broccoli, like all cruciferous, low calorie and very useful for people with excess weight.
Also, broccoli contains a lot of vitamins and minerals.
В брокколи очень много витамина С, витамина К, А и РР.
Брокколи содержит особое ценное вещество сульфорафан, которое обладает доказанным противомикробным , противораковым действиями.
Many do not like broccoli, but this is completely in vain, because it is a storehouse of vitamins A, E, C, B, PP. It contains carotene, which is also found in carrots. In addition, it is rich in substances such as calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, copper, sodium, iodine, boron, chromium, magnesium, manganese. The abundance of vitamin C speaks about the excellent antioxidant properties of this vegetable, free radicals are excreted from the body.
In broccoli, more protein than in any cabbage, it prevents atherosclerosis, removes excess water and salt, strengthens bone tissue, prevents cellulite, supports the normal function of the thyroid gland.
Broccoli is effective in the treatment of cataracts, improves the condition of the skin, hair, prevents aging of the body and even cancer.
It is best to cook broccoli in a double boiler to maximize the beneficial properties.
Broccoli contains vitamins A, C and K. In the cup of this vegetable is present:
- 2280.7 IU (international units) of vitamin A, which provides 46.6% of the recommended daily allowance;
- 123.4 mg of vitamin C - 205.7% of the recommended daily dose!
- 155.2 μg of vitamin K.
Green cruciferous vegetables also contain large amounts of vitamin E and B vitamins: folic acid (B9), pyridoxine (B6), pantothenic acid (B5), niacin (B3) and riboflavin (B2).
Broccoli cabbage has a rich mineral and vitamin composition. It contains vitamins A, B, C, K, a rare vitamin U, trace elements such as copper, potassium, calcium, iron, chromium. Studies were conducted in a group of men with precancerous prostate cancer. Scientists have already proven the anticancer effect of broccoli cabbage due to the content of sulfaron and isothiocyan, these substances block the cancer gene. Broccoli cabbage contains vegetable protein and dietary fiber, promotes better work of the gastrointestinal tract. Cabbage broccoli can be used in dietary nutrition, when making a menu for weight loss, it contains only 30 calories per 100 gram.
To the above written information, I want to add that broccoli not only a storehouse of vitamins and minerals, but also broccoli a fighter with cancer, with a stomach ulcer and duodenum, and broccoli struggling with excess weight.
Broccoli equated to baby food, but for us adults it is not a tasty and unvarnished vegetable, and we do not know how much it benefits our body in the process of digestion.
One portion broccoli equal to one tablet of vitamins, this vegetable is rich in a large content of Vitamin C, it has a large amount of vitamin C, which is contained in citrus, which means cleaning the vessels, strengthening joints and renewing blood.
Indeed, broccoli is very rich in nutrients, so it is often called - "queen cabbage queen", "uncrowned queen of a healthy table", "magic broccoli".
Useful properties of broccoli
- Broccoli - a fighter against cancerous tumors. В брокколи содержатся такие вещества - сульфорафан, синегрин, индол-3-карбинол. Они останавливают рост раковых клеток, препятствуют делению раковых клеток и даже уничтожают раковые клетки. Эти же вещества укрепляют иммунитет организма для сопротивления раковым клеткам. Больше они содержатся в молодых стеблях и побегах (в кочанах их меньше).
- Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, which protect the mucous membranes from bacteria that cause the development of gastric ulcers, duodenal ulcers, gastritis, etc..
- The broccoli contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are very necessary for the prevention of the cardiovascular system, as well as for the prevention of atherosclerosis.
- Broccoli renders beneficial effect on the digestive system, since it is very rich in fiber.
- Broccoli promotes lowering of blood cholesterol level и выведению лишних жирных кислот (и жира) из организма
- In this vegetable, a high concentration of vitamin C and other substances that fight free radicals in cells and, thus, slow down the aging of the body.
- Carotenoids contained in broccoli, protect the eyes from the development of cataracts.
- Among amino acids there are compounds that contribute to the production of endorphin - "the hormone of happinessquot;
Briefly summarizing, broccoli is rich in many useful substances:
- which are useful for heart health, GIT, eyes, hair and nails,
- which remove from the body excess salt, water, heavy metals, toxins
- which strengthen immunity.
Broccoli contains a vitamin of beauty and youth.
But, of course, all the benefits of the product can be obtained if you consume it constantly. And one more not less important moment - decoction of broccoli is not recommended. Therefore, broccoli is not added to the vegetable broth.
You can also see:
How to make a salad of fresh broccoli.