The drug "Ursofalk" instructions for use defines as a drug with a wide spectrum of action, which has, among others, hepatoprotective, cholelitholytic, immunomodulatory properties. Also, the drug significantly reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
The active ingredient of the drug is ursodeoxycholic acid. It is present in a certain amount in the bile of a person, but as a result of certain violations of the functioning of the liver, the synthesis and, accordingly, the content of this substance in bile can be reduced.
Ursodeoxycholic acid as the main ingredient is present not only in the preparation Ursofalk. Analogues on the composition and pharmacological properties are medicines such as Ursosan, Ursoliv, Urdoksa. Let's talk about them below.
Therapeutic effects of "Ursofalk"
- The choleretic effect is manifested in a decrease in the amount of hydrophobic acids in bile and an increase in their secretion into the lumen of the intestine. In addition, the drug, due to its connection with the receptors in the ileum, reduces the absorption of toxic hydrophobic acids.
- Immunomodulating effect is due to the fact that ursodeoxycholic acid is able to reduce the expression of HLA molecules of the first class on hepatocytes, and the second class of HLA molecules on cholangiocytes. Also, the medication reduces the synthesis of pro-inflammatory cytokines.
- The cytoprotective effect is the ability of the active substance to penetrate the lipid layer of the cell membrane, as a result of which the cell membrane is stabilized, its protective properties are improved.
- Hypercholesterolemic action is based on a decrease in absorption in the ileum and a decrease in cholesterol synthesis in the liver, as well as its excretion with bile.
In addition to these effects, the drug "Ursofalk" (instructions for use on this testifies) forms liquid crystals with a cholesterol molecule content, which reduces the lithogenicity of bile. Due to the transformation of cholesterol compounds, the formation of stones decreases and their dissolution occurs.
After oral administration of the drug in the small intestine, absorption of ursodeoxycholic acid occurs, while absorption by active transport predominates in the ileum in the terminal compartment, and by passive transport in the jejunum and in the ileum in the upper part. Approximately 60-80 percent of the accepted dose falls into the total blood flow.
The active substance is metabolized in the liver and partly disintegrates in the intestine, which leads to the formation of toxic seven-keto-lithocholic acid, which in turn is absorbed into the total blood flow to an insignificant extent and detoxified in the liver. The half-life of the drug is three to five days. Basically, it is excreted with the feces in the form of metabolites.
Indications for use
The drug "Ursofalk" instructions for use shows the use for diseases of the gallbladder, liver, accompanied by an increase in blood cholesterol levels, cholestasis, a decrease in certain liver functions. Among such ailments, biliary cirrhosis of the liver (primary), biliary reflux-gastritis, sclerosing cholangitis (primary), biliary reflux-esophagitis, hepatitis of different etiology, cystic fibrosis can be noted.
The drug is prescribed in the presence of stones in the gallbladder, but only if they are X-ray negative, they do not exceed a diameter of fifteen millimeters in diameter, and the patient does not have gall bladder function. The medication is also used in case of toxic damage to the liver (for example, with alcohol poisoning), its pathology accompanied by cholestasis (in children), dyskinesia of the biliary tract, atresia of the intrahepatic bile ducts. It is taken by patients who are on parenteral nutrition, in order to eliminate bile stagnation, as well as people who underwent a liver transplant operation.
As a preventive agent prescribe the drug "Ursofalk" (analogues of the medication can also be used in these cases) while taking medications that can adversely affect the work of the liver (hormonal contraceptives, drugs with cholestatic effect).
Form of issue and composition
Two forms of release have the drug "Ursofalk": suspension (analogues are absent, manufactured in Switzerland) and capsules (analogues are available, manufactured in Germany). The first version of the drug is used mainly for children or people with difficulty swallowing. Capsules are gelatinous, opaque, solid, the lid and body are white, inside - white granules or powder. Produced in packages of 10, 25, 50 or 100 pieces. The suspension also has a white color, is characterized by a uniform consistency, contains air bubbles, and has a lemon flavor. It is available in 250 ml bottles, a measuring spoon is included.
250 milligrams of ursodeoxycholic acid is contained in one capsule of the preparation, in the same amount the active substance is present in five milliliters (one measuring spoon) of Ursofalk suspension. The syrup includes auxiliary components: glycerol, lemon anhydrous acid, xylitol, propylene glycol, sodium chloride, microcrystalline cellulose, benzoic acid, lemon flavor, sodium citrate, purified water, sodium cyclamate. Minor ingredients in the capsules are colloidal silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, corn starch, magnesium stearate, gelatin, purified water.
How to take Ursofalk
Medication in case of appointment of a single dose is desirable in the evening hours. Capsules are swallowed without chewing, and washed down with water in the right amount. As already noted, the drug "Ursofalk" for children is better to use as a suspension (syrup). Dosage should be calculated by the doctor, based on the nature of the disease and the characteristics of the patient's body. Infants (with a weight of five kilograms) before bed should be given a quarter of a measured spoon suspension.
Usually, with liver diseases, the daily dose of the drug for adults is 10-15 mg per kilogram of weight, the course of therapy lasts from six months to two years, while taking medication breaks is not recommended. For people with biliary reflux esophagitis or biliary reflux gastritis, the daily dose of the drug "Ursofalk" is 250 mg, the course of treatment is ten to fourteen days. With sclerosing cholangitis and biliary cirrhosis per day, usually prescribed to take 10-15 mg per kilogram of weight, but if necessary, the dose is increased to 20 mg per 1 kg. Therapy usually lasts from six months to two years. Patients with cystic fibrosis take the drug daily at a dose of 20-30 mg per kilogram of weight over a period of six months to two years. In the case of toxic liver damage, it is indicated that the drug should be taken at a daily dose of 10-15 mg per kilogram of weight for six to twelve months.
The drug "Ursofalk." Analogues
Let's make a comparative description of the drug with drugs that are similar in composition and pharmacological properties.
- The drug "Ursosan". This product is manufactured in the Czech Republic and Germany, it is available only in the form of capsules. The mechanism of action of drugs is similar. However, therapists, hepatologists, infectious disease doctors on the question of which drug is better: "Ursosan" or "Ursofalk", unanimously answer that it is preferable to choose the second. Such conclusions are made by specialists on the basis of their own clinical observations and patient reviews. The drug "Ursofalk" is tolerated more easily than the analogue in question, it also quickly normalizes the functional state of the liver. But do not forget about the personal characteristics of the body, there are people who help "Ursosan" helps better. In addition, this drug is somewhat cheaper: packing with 50-capsules will cost 650-830 rubles, while for 50 capsules of the drug "Ursofalk" will have to pay 850-1200 rubles.
- The means of Urdoks. The medication is a domestic-produced generic drug. However, the pharmaceutical company that produces it purchases the necessary ingredients abroad, and in Russia only the process of manufacturing the drug occurs. It is also available in capsules, the price for 50 pieces varies within 440-960 rubles. Both drugs are similar in pharmacological properties, there is no significant difference in the effect produced.
- The drug "Ursoliv." The medicine, as in the previous case, is produced in Russia. At the same time, many people note that out of all the listed drugs, this is the best thing that dissolves stones in the gall bladder. But there are also those who have higher efficacy of treatment when taking the drug "Ursofalk." Capsules have a similar composition, so it is difficult to give preference to this or that variant. If you focus on the price, it is better to purchase the drug "Ursoliv", it costs less - 460-905 rubles for 50 capsules.
It is quite good to transfer the drug "Ursofalk" to patients. Analogues of the drug are also characterized by a good portability
th. In some cases, against the background of treatment, calcification of gallstones occurs, a mushy stool develops, pains appear in the epigastrium. In addition, allergies may develop in the form of skin itching, hives. No reports of drug overdose have been reported to date.
High personal sensitivity to the components of the drug serves as a basis for refusing to use it. Contraindicated medicine for people with cholangitis, obturation of the cystic or bile duct, acute cholecystitis. Do not prescribe the drug to patients suffering from impaired motor function of the gallbladder, biliary colic.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
According to the research, ursodeoxycholic acid does not show mutagenic, teratogenic, embryotoxic activity, but its ability to penetrate the hematoplacental barrier and influence the course of pregnancy has not been fully studied. Therefore, to take Ursofalk's medication during child bearing is possible only if necessary and according to the doctor's prescription. The experience of using the drug in the lactation period is absent.
Interaction with other drugs
Simultaneous reception of the drug with antacid agents containing aluminum hydroxide, and with drugs "Kolestipol" and "Kolestyramin" leads to a decrease in the systemic absorption of the active substance. The drug can change the concentration in the blood plasma of the drug "Ciclosporin". If there is a need for the joint use of such medications, they should be taken at intervals of at least two hours.